Garden City, New York, January 20, 2022 - With the emergence of COVID-19, NY State passed emergency legislation for eligible employees to receive special quarantine benefits through their existing state-required Disability and Paid Family Leave coverage. This triggered many questions about eligibility (how to qualify for benefits), how to file a claim/request benefits, how long benefits would last, and how New York’s benefits coordinated with the Federal benefits in unprecedented times of uncertainty.
“All of us at ShelterPoint* felt the responsibility to help our customers - and New Yorkers alike – find useful, easy-to understand, and reliable information in an ever-changing, stressful environment caused by the pandemic,” explained Katrin Atienza, VP of Marketing. “So we created a Resource Center.”
High visibility at all key touch points with claimants was critical to guide visitors to two core resources:
- COVID-19 Resource Center: hub for COVID information incl. infographics (such as eligibility checklists, relation between NY and Federal benefits), shortcuts to relevant educational blog posts, and FAQs about NY Emergency benefits; plus, other value-added content, including an original series of inspirational coloring pages to provide a positive outlet.
- New Claim Guide for statutory benefits in NY with special COVID-19 section where people can self-identify their situation and get scenario-specific claim filing guidance along with clear step-by-step help and clear expectations on the process.
In doing so, ShelterPoint’s COVID-19 Resources have been recognized with several awards:
1. First place in Ragan’s PR Daily 2021 Content Marketing Awards in three separate categories:
- Crisis Communications
PR Daily mentions that ShelterPoint “delivered a support-forward approach to mitigate an influx of claims, calls and processing delays” in reference to their educational microsite that holds valuable information and educational tools regarding emergency benefits.
PR Daily’s Content Marketing Awards winners used the power of storytelling to connect with and inspire their audiences by delivering engaging and captivating narratives. Click here to see the full list of PR Daily 2021 Winners.
2. Finalist in Ragan’s PR Daily Awards in the Category of “Content Marketing Initiatives”.
See all finalists and winners here.
3. A 2021 APEX Award for Publication Excellence in the category of “COVID-19 Media - Corporate or Employee Communications”
For more information and timely COVID-19 updates, visit the award-winning Resource Center.
*The ShelterPoint family of companies consists of ShelterPoint Life and its wholly-owned subsidiary ShelterPoint Insurance Company, a FL-domiciled carrier, depending on the state (see our Geographic & Jurisdictional Notice here). The ShelterPoint family of companies operates under the “ShelterPoint” name strictly as a marketing name, and no legal significance is expressed or implied. ShelterPoint is a registered service mark.