We’ve updated our ABCs of Paid Family Leave to reflect the changes and updates in New York for 2022. Although the premium rate may not have changed, our guide to NY PFL reflects other criteria that has. These changes include:
- Raised the cap on the number of intermittent days for employees working 6 or 7 days per work week – learn more here
- Expanded eligibility for domestic workers - learn more here
- Updated New York State Average Weekly Wage (NYSAWW), which affects the calculations for the maximum:
- contribution rate
- benefit amount
Be sure to download your refreshed copy of this in-depth 34-page guide, which has been updated throughout with the 2022 changes you need to know.
Here’s what’s inside:
- PFL Basics
- Eligibility - updated for 2022
- Benefits – updated for 2022
- Premium – updated for 2022
- Example withholdings – updated for 2022
- Employer Responsibilities
- Tips from your PFL Experts
- & much more!
This blog post is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal counsel. Please consult with an appropriate professional for legal and compliance advice. Any PFL information is as of the blog post’s date stamp; it is based on the applicable statutes and regulation, and may change as regulations evolve or NY State issues guidance regarding Paid Family Leave regulations.